(Ingredients for 4 portions)
If you are like me and conquered by the euphoria of the holiday, always paint a huge amount of eggs for Easter. I have at least a dozen boiled eggs that wonder what to do after the holiday. This year I decided to try to hide them between mashed potatoes and gravy of bechamel sauce and tossed them in the oven. Or in other words, to make Welsh eggs.
Welsh eggs preparation:
- Select 4 individual bowls. Put on mashed potatoes on the bottom.
- On the puree, put the chopped stalks of 2 fresh onions and stalks of 2 fresh garlic (only the green parts).
- Cut in half the Cooked and peeled 8 eggs.
- Pour bechamel.
- For the finish, sprinkle each serving with grated cheddar or yellow cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 200°C oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden.
Bonus recipe for bechamel sauce:
Melt 25 g butter on low heat. Add 3 tablespoons flour and fry, stirring continuously. Add 300 ml. milk and leave to thicken, salt.