Creamy Pumpkin Soup
A full bowl of fragrant and warming creamy pumpkin soup with carrots, lentil and ginger will satisfy your mood and thirst for warmth during the shorter November and December days of the year.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 6 baby carrots with trimmed and preserved leaves and cut in half lengthwise
- 300 g of Kent pumpkin cut into 3 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- flakes of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 1.5 liters of vegetable broth
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 1½ tsp grated ginger
- thick yogurt for serving
- roasted pumpkin seeds
Put olive oil, onion and garlic in a saucepan. Add the turmeric, pumpkin and lentils. Stir well. Pour 1 liter of water. When it boils, add salt. Puree the mixture.
Roast raw pumpkin seeds in a dry pan.
In the same pan, caramelize 4 tbsp. sugar with 30 g butter and 20 ml cognac. Cook the baby carrots in the caramel for a short time.
Serve the creamy pumpkin soup with yogurt, caramelized carrots and roasted pumpkin seeds. Season with sea salt and pepper.